Sunday, March 3, 2019

1929 Prohibition Era

This is not a Fowlerville house (as far as I know) but probably located in the Detroit area around the late 1920s, early 1930s, as I got permission to post it from another website.  The picture shows a raid by the police, where barrels were tipped over, causing a waterfall of illegally-gotten or illegally-made alcohol during the years this country was supposed to be "dry."  Isn't this just a most interesting picture?

Part of the reason I gravitated to it was because my first historical novel, "Juniper and Anise," is about a woman bootlegger.  During the writing process, I tried to visualize the old farmhouse she operated out of.  In my story, I placed it just north of town and the house looked a bit like this one.

The other reason I wanted to show this picture was to make mention of my two novels, "Juniper and Anise" and "Tilly Loves Johnny," both available through the publishers, on Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, etc. and to let you know I am in the process of having my local history book, "The Fowlerville Chronicles," reprinted as a hardbound.  I will have the proof copy shortly and will then be offering it for sale, here on this site as well as at a couple local venues.  Be sure to check it out!

No comments: