Thursday, January 29, 2009

News Sources

Look to your right (on this screen, that is).

There is a poll quickly coming to an end. It is in regards to how you acquire your information on current events. And, inquiring minds would like to know -- so vote before the poll closes.

But, at this point, online sources appears to hold the lead. I find this interesting because that is exactly my main source for national and world news, and most of my local news. A couple years ago, all newspaper subscriptions were ended and the Internet has become my "paper" with my early morning cup(s) of coffee.

So, in that vein, I would like to offer up websites most commonly found in my list of favorites:

For bites of national news, and mostly entertainment -- USA Today - www.usatoday.com

Same as above, just maybe a different spin -- MSN - www.msnbc.com

For more indepth reporting -- TPM - www.talkingpointsmemo.com

Central Michigan news -- Lansing State Journal - www.lsj.com

County-wide news -- Livingston Press and Argus - www.livingstondaily.com

Local updates in conjunction with their once-a-week publication -- Fowlerville News and Views - www.fowlervillenewsonline.com

So, how about you? Do you have any favorite websites where you find the information you are looking for, or for some easy entertainment, or maybe accurate and unbiased reporting? I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

amuse me said...

Poll is now closed, with online news sources the winner. Check back for the next new poll. In the meantime, don't forget to explore the websites in this article for information.