Thursday, January 22, 2009

Welcome to The Ville

Welcome . . . you have arrived at The Ville.

My name is Marion Cornett, Blogger-in-Resident of The Ville. Sounds pretty awesome, doesn't it?

Well, all that self-proclaimed title really means is, while working hand-in-hand with Steve and Dawn Horton of the Fowlerville News and Views, I will be offering up my own spin of living in the Fowlerville area. And maybe a few other things along the way . . . like local and national current event commentary, a look at interesting people, maybe a recipe or two, and any oddball trivia that takes hold of my imagination . . . in other words, who really knows.

This is a fun blog (which did you know, the word blog is shortened from the word web-log, meaning keeping a journal online -- see you might have already learned something new today). Blogging is just another extension of the writing that has always been a part of my life; whether it was keeping a journal, or the art of letter writing (which has morphed into e-mailing), or working on that great American romance novel. Oh, the possibilities have been endless.

So now that you know a little bit of why I am putting together this blog, I'd like to hear from you. Here are a few ways:

~~You can participate in my weekly poll.

Once a week, a new poll can be found in the upper right hand corner of the page. This week's poll addresses where you get most of your news information, and you can vote for one choice or for all of them. Other weeks, you may be able to make only one choice; but this week, check all the boxes if you want. Then come back each day to get an idea what everyone else is doing.

~~You can make a comment.

At the bottom of each post, you will see post a comment. That is what you will click on to give your thoughts and ideas in relation to my article. Just follow the directions and when you are done, everyone else will also be able to read your comment. Sound a bit daunting? It isn't really. But I would like you to remember one thing -- this is a public forum and not the place for degrading comments or swearing. I'll keep it clean if you will.

~~You can make requests.

Is there something you would like to learn about, an event that needs a bit more publicity, or an article you would like to submit to The Ville? By clicking on my profile picture, you can contact me through e-mail and we can talk about what you are interested in.

So, away we go.

4 comments:

amuse me said...

Welcome . . . by clicking on "Comments" you arrive at a separate window. Type in your comment, type in the word verification and choose how you will be identified. Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous said...

I for one am glad you are writing more. Your insights and honesty will be enjoyed I'm sure. Congrats and go get 'em.

amuse me said...

Thanks, Anonymous. As you can see, I will be monitoring the comments and will be happy to respond if anyone has a question or concern.

shabby girl said...

Very cool. Your blog is always informative, interesting, and amusing.
I'm looking forward to this new format!