Thursday, June 10, 2010

Squint Shot 061010

A squint shot similar to this one has already been shown, but I couldn't resist taking another picture. While touring the future home of Maria's School of Dance, the second floor awaited me. I've been upstairs before when Ron Daly had a great deal of furniture stored in these cavernous rooms. Now they are empty and it is easier to see the walls, look closer at some of the unique and very old features, and wander a bit more freely. This pillar stands in the portion that was part of the seating area when the second floor was the Bell Opera House. The windows on North Grand Avenue were to my left and the stage to my right. On the other side of the wall is the upstairs of Olden Days; the other half of the opera house that no longer exists.

No comments: