Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Get Your Irish On

May God be with you and bless you.
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune and rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.

-
And, may you have the most awesome St. Patrick's Day ever.
-
So now, do you need a little something to get your Irish on? Fowlerville has just the shop for you.
-
Even if you are aware of Bridget Gallagher's or have been in and even purchased something, be sure to check back today, tomorrow, whenever you need something special . . . and, in particular, something Irish-themed.
-
There is always something new in the mix.
-
Yesterday, I stopped in just to wander around and, of course, I had my camera in hand. It was so difficult to figure out exactly what to zero in on to show you a sampling of what they have offer. So let this be just a wee bit of a teaser, if you will, of some of the items you can find at Bridget Gallagher's.
-
I discovered some adorable little figurines that may well have been patterned off of some dear people I remember from growing up close to St. Casimir Church in Lansing. Probably not, but these figurines sent me on a short trip down memory lane as I snapped a few pictures!
-
Clothing is a big item in this store -- everything from infants to adults, t-shirts to sweatshirts, ponchos to scarves. One t-shirt caught my eye in particular -- Irish Thru and Thru on the front. And guess way? Irish Thru and Thru is on the back too -- just backwards!
-
Everywhere you look there are plaques, serving platters, and framed pictures of sayings. As I took pictures, I realized many of the Irish sayings remind us to always live life to the fullest and to count all of our blessings.
-
An Irish Stetson? They've got it, and how cool would that be to saunter up to the bar, wearing this hat, and ordering a green beer to match the hat.
-
And that brings me to . . .
-
We can never forget about all the different ways to enjoy a little bit of Irish whiskey or a frothy Guinness. Shot glasses sparkle off the twinkling lights all around the store. It is definitely a feast for the eyes.
-
I longed to spend more time (and a little money) but work awaited me. Now I'm thinking there will be another visit to Bridget Gallagher's in the very near future.
-
Oh, and by the way, if anyone wants to get this beaded change purse for me, feel free. I've already given these as gifts to my daughters. Now I just need one!

No comments: