Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Visitation

This morning's hoarfrost on the grass and trees, decorating the birdfeeders and branches, and even making the old weather-worn woodpile look exceptionally pretty had me outside taking pictures. Hopefully the neighbors weren't too scared by my early-morning attire! Check Thursday's post on www.merylsmusings.blogspot.com for some additional pictures taken this morning. But I thought for today I'd share this cardinal's attitude and how he seemed to be posing for me -- kind of like are you looking at me? You looking at me?

But then, he had to do some chirping at his friends -- hopefully sharing the seeds. But he kept an eye on me at all times -- or at least it would appear that way. Until he had had enough of either the seeds or me. But I think he'll be back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait for about a month. He'll be so bright red, you'll think he's a different bird.

shabby girl said...

So darned cute. Love that last picture! Supposedly we have cardinals around here, but I've only seen one in Tucson. I had also heard that we have gobs of pyrraloxia, but after 5 years of living here, I finally saw one in my yard just this year.