Monday, October 1, 2012

1961 Haist Update

One of my readers provided some additional information on Nelson Haist.  It follows:

My records show Nelson Frederick Haist died at age 80 on 9/18/1961 in Livingston County and is buried at Greenwood Cemetery Sec 2, lot 136 (Across the drive north of the well house) with Maude Haist and Arist Harpel Haist (1918-1943).

With this information in hand, I headed to Greenwood cemetery and took a couple of pictures.

I found headstones for the two sons of Nelson Frederick Haist, but not of Nelson.  Arthur passed away at the age of 65 and Arist was 25.

The next three days there will be posts on 1905 events and then I'll get back to more memories from the mid-1900s.  If I can be so bold, any readers that would like to offer up some memories, please feel free to e-mail me with those remembrances.  I am always happy to do updates, do a little extra research, or find articles I have catalogued.

No comments: