Friday, September 2, 2016

1960 Christmas Poem

I know we're hardly upon the Christmas holiday, not even having gotten to Halloween, but I came across this poem.  I remember reading this a few years back when I was doing research for the two history books but could never find it again.  Well, I did.  It happened to be in my Rotary notebook from when I was the President during the 2003-04 year.  

Not sure when this poem was originally published in the Fowlerville News and Views but I'm guessing in the 1960s from the people and stores mentioned.  Anyone care to comment?

1 comment:

Mike Grimm said...

Based on the mention of Keesler's and Schade's, I'd say very late 60s or early 70s for when it was written. There was a Sefton family at that time that lived at the NE corner of Hale and South Grand. I don't know if it was the same family.