Head to your local cider mill for some apple cider, then stop at your favorite butcher and pick up pork chops, then make this wonderful dish:
4 pork chops, approximately 1 inch thick
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup apple cider
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons minced, fresh parsley
Cooked egg noodles
1. Brown the chops in the butter in a covered skillet over low heat for 15 minutes, turning frequently.
2. Add the cider and cook the chops, covered, for 10 more minutes.
3. Remove them to a platter and add the mustard, cream, salt, pepper, and parsley to the skillet.
4. Whisk the sauce--for, behold, it is a sauce now!--over low heat until slightly thickened.
5. Pour the sauce over the chops and serve with noodles.