Friday, September 25, 2009

Squint Shot 092509

I noted in yesterday's squint shot there would be no picture of the southwest quadrant since it is a parking lot and an empty building. Well, my mind was changed when I came across this picture of an old postcard printed in Fowlerville Goes to War 1861-1865 compiled by Richard G. Hutchins. It is noted in the book this picture was taken some time around 1906.I headed into town and snapped a picture as close to the same angle; that is, with traffic all around me. Quite a difference 103 years makes. On a side note, one of The Ville's squint shots noted the door to nowhere of the second floor of the building on the corner of the southeast quadrant (formerly Ruth's Resale), which you can see by clicking here. If you look at the old postcard picture, it appears it was that way so many years ago.

Makes one wonder.

No comments: