Saturday, April 24, 2010

Snack-urday 163

I love my cup of coffee in the morning. That is no secret. So, I thought one of these Saturdays, I should give a recipe on how to brew the perfect cup of coffee -- at least what I think is the perfect cup.

I went looking for recipes and the debate is huge on how to brew coffee. Therefore, I'll just give you my take on making coffee.

Tools:

A French press -- the smaller one works the best because, unless you have a couple people drinking coffee, it will get cold in the larger sizes.

A grinder.

An electric water pot or tea kettle.

Ingredients:

Coffee beans -- I like to use whole bean coffee and grind just what I'll use for a pot of coffee.

How to:


Put the water on to boil.

Grind 4 level T of beans and place in press.

When water is boiling, pour into press, filling it, and let it sit for 4-5 minutes.

Press the grounds to the bottom.

Serve.

I like cream and sugar in my coffee. Just remember one thing, if you scrimp on the coffee, it may taste bitter. You may want to experiment with the number of scoops but make it a full-bodied flavor instead of weak. Enjoy your Saturday.

No comments: