Monday, April 19, 2010

Squint Shot 041910

One of my main philosophies in life has been "the worst you can get is a 'no' answer." Which means if it isn't 'no' then it must be 'yes.' That is exactly the type of thinking I used recently when I stopped at the old Pere Marquette Depot at the railroad tracks. The lights were on and there were cars in the parking lot. I decided to stop and ask if it would be possible for me to take a few pictures of the inside of the building. It is no longer a depot for travelers but is used as an office building for the CSX rail company. The two fellows in the office were more than receptive to my request, so today's and the next two days' squint shots will be just a little bit of the inside of the building. This squint shot shows the wonderful trimwork that has been kept around the windows. It has been painted and maintained and the windows themselves have been sealed up for warmth during the cold months. It makes one wonder how they looked years ago.

No comments: