Monday, October 18, 2010

Author Talk at Library

This evening, at 6 pm, I will be at the Fowlerville Library speaking about The Fowlerville Chronicles. I can hardly wait. I kiddingly mention to friends and family how my head is absolutely stuffed full of history trivia -- to the point, I've had at least one person mention he is going to temper his questions to me so I don't download too much!

But, anyhow, I have been having such a blast since the end of August when I first laid eyes on the finished product. The reception of the book has been astronomical and has led to other interesting invitations, e-mails, phone calls, research requests -- you name it!

Well, this evening comes an event I have looked forward to for six weeks. I will be speaking at the library from 6-7 (even a bit beyond) pm of how this all came about, something I'm calling the "Fowlerville Fab Forty," and taking questions (hopefully I'll have the answer, and if I don't, I will research it).

I will have copies for purchase after the "talk." But, as a special item and even something my friends at the library do not know of, I will be having a drawing at the end of the evening for a free copy. There will be a bowl (or maybe even a hat) where you can enter your name on a slip of paper. It will be only for those attending and you have to be present to win.

So for all my friends that visit the website, please join me tonight. If I have not met you before, please introduce yourself to me. I love knowing my readers and, as always, I love meeting new friends. See you tonight!

No comments: