Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Very First Author Talk

I'm totally convinced the Fowlerville Library creates an atmosphere for fun. At least that is exactly what I had last night at my first ever author talk. I had a blast. The audience -- yes, people showed up -- asked questions, reacted surprised at some of the stories I related, and bought copies of The Fowlerville Chronicles. Well, except for one copy. We had a drawing at the end of the evening and here I am with our pleased (and surprised) winner -- congratulations to Sue and thanks for coming. In addition to our happy winner, I had a few surprises and pleases last night:

~~As mentioned before, friends and others showed up!

~~My knee caps didn't shake from nerves.

~~My husband, as it turns out, was my "ringer" in the audience. He asked a few questions at the right time to prompt another "download" of information from me (thank you very much).

~~And, last but not least, our former writing group leader drove all the way from Indianapolis just to hear my talk. And she brought me some chocolate!

So, thank you, thank you, to everyone that attended last night. I tried to answer questions as thoroughly as possible, but if anyone would like more information, please feel free to contact me through this website. Also, I hope you came away with a new appreciation of the rich history of Fowlerville.

And now as a side note, the question was asked if Fowler, Michigan, might have been settled by the same branch of the family that settled this area. I don't know the answer, but if you click here, you can read about a "John N. Fowler" settling their village. Maybe someday when I have a few minutes, I'll check this out further.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pro! I had no idea that this was your first author talk! A great tome was had by all. The Fowlerville District Library calls dips on being your first author visit for all future books! Thanks again for the fantastic presentation! ~Beth Byrne