Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Squint Shot 030211

The front windows of the old house at the northeast corner of North Second Street and East Grand River were clouded, rattly, and let the cold December wind in. The house has since been torn down, but before that happened I was able to wander through it and take pictures and, of course, as you may have noticed before, I check out old windows, trim, etc. As I stood taking this picture, my foot bumped against something that ultimately clinked against another. I looked down and, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but . . . window weights. At first, I didn't know what I was looking at until closer inspection. With permission, I nabbed a couple -- a 5-pound weight and one that is heavier but not marked -- and am planning on cleaning them up a bit and adding them to the Fowlerville Historical Collection. Which now brings me to another suggestion -- if you have anything that you would like to donate to our collection that might give a glimpse of days gone by, please feel free to give me a call or e-mail me. Preserving our past is important to living our present and moving into the future.

No comments: