Monday, July 20, 2009

Squint Shot 072009

Walking in Centennial Park is pleasant, invigorating, and full of things to look at.

On about my third turn around the park, I became curious about the names in the bricks that surround the beautiful pine tree at the northwest corner of the park. Being a Rotarian myself, I have been involved in organizing and ordering the second batch which unfortunately was destroyed a couple years ago by vandals (those bricks have been ordered and will soon be replaced at the foot of the Rotary rock at the south side of the park). But I was not involved in getting the original set in place when the park was dedicated.

So, with my trusty camera in hand, I circled the cement "pot" and took pictures of the bricks. This is the first set, and each day until we get back to the beginning, there will be a squint shot showing the commitment and dedication of Fowlerville residents that helped make Centennial Park the nice place it truly is.
Three bricks:

Lucasvarity,

Marcmaryanne Elizabeth Chrisstankov, and

In memory of Rick Gascon 1946-1994.

I am hoping this will also serve as a way to document these bricks for the future.

No comments: