Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Squint Shot 011112

I received an e-mail the other day from one of my readers letting me know they were dismantling a silo behind their barn. I didn't think to ask what would be going in its place but, after arriving at the farm, I could see they were in the processing of modernizing so I would hazard a guess something more efficient will go in its place. The barn is being restored and is being used.

But back to the silo. As the owner was checking out the silo a bit closer in working to dismantle it, he came across etched initials and date in one of the rectangles. Following is a picture of that: What we could make out was "J S" vertically, then the date of "June 14 1919" stacked at the right side. The family could trace back the farmland for quite some time back but didn't have any idea who J.S. might have been. Fun to wonder.

No comments: