Thursday, January 19, 2012

Squint Shot 011912

Toward the end of last summer, I headed back to one of my favorite buildings -- the Palmerton block, maybe better known now as Harmon Real Estate. But this time, it was from a different viewpoint. I had a friend along with me that is very much into local history and has a great eye for detail. She noticed things I hadn't in my previous visits to the second and third floors where time has stood still.

Fluorescent lights have not been around since the building was rebuilt in 1891 after a devastating fire, so it would be fun to know when this light was installed. I took a picture of it because it has got to be old -- at least we don't see this kind of detail in the newer lights.

For the next couple of weeks, I will be showing squint shots of items my friend discovered and then will be moving onto some indoor shots of a very old, but very well-kept-up house in the village.

No comments: