Saturday, November 27, 2010

Squint Shot 112710

This picture is very similar to yesterday's squint shot, except for the fact we had just crossed over South Grand Avenue. This is the photograph (although slightly cropped) on the back of my book, The Fowlerville Chronicles. If you check out the book's back cover, you will see more residential areas.When I had hoped and dreamed about this adventure, my one thought was to get a picture at this very angle in order to replicate a 1956 aerial I had found in the Fowlerville Historical Collection. I included that photograph in my book, which you can find on page 290. It is interesting to compare Fowlerville in 1956 to today's village. You can see many of the buildings of which I spoke about that no longer exist along South Grand Avenue.

No comments: