Following is a picture, found in the Fowlerville Historical Collection, of one of Fowlerville's busiest businessmen during the late 1800s -- Claude Fisher: In 1891, a short blurb in The Fowlerville Review read, Mr. Claude Fisher has removed his barber shop to the upper room of the Place & Gale building on Grand River street.
The Place & Gale building was on North Grand Avenue, just north of the main intersection. Numerous business, such as doctors, lawyers, dentists, tailors, and barbers, had their operations on the second floors of the buildings.
There will be more to come of Claude Fisher in future posts. Stay tuned!