The following picture shows the back of the St. Agnes Catholic Church, which at the time was located at the corner of Maple and Church streets:
The beginnings of this building were chronicled in 1891 in The Fowlerville Review by G.L. Adams with, Mr. Hugh Loughlin has purchased the lots on the corner of Church and Maple streets and the Catholic society will build a new church upon the same.
Later in the year, The corner stone of the new brick Catholic church was laid with appropriate ceremonies by the Rt. Rev. Bishop Foley, of Detroit, on last Sunday afternoon at which time he also delivered a very eloquent and stirring address. The ceremony was witnessed by a very large concourse of people from all parts of the county, notwithstanding it was the very hottest day of the season.