Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1929 Checkers Basketball Team

Fowlerville used to have a basketball team called "The Checkers" and, right after the first of the year in 1929, they appeared to be playing very well -- especially against a Laingsburg team.  Does anyone remember ever hearing about a basketball team by this name?
I would love to have anyone leave a comment if they have heard of this team.

There are numerous books on the life of Charles Gehringer, a professional baseball player from Fowlerville, but tomorrow I will start a series of articles that were published in the local newspaper that I have accumulated on him.  For those interested in his life and times, these articles may add a few new tidbits of interest.

If ever you, my readers, are interested in a subject, please let me know and I will see what I have gathered in my research.

No comments: