Monday, August 13, 2012

1961 Power Street Garage Update


A few days back, I asked at the end of a blog post if anyone knew anything about the Power Street Garage.  You can read this article by clicking here.

The other day I received an e-mail from one of my wonderful readers regarding the William Smith Power Street garage.  I wondered if the building still existed and it does.  As you are driving down Power Street, between Ann and Detroit, you can spot a stone building behind a red/brown brick house.  That used to be the location of this repair shop.  It has been beautiful kept up -- painted and some siding added at the ends of the building.  Following are three shots I took today; 1) west end, 2) southwest corner (both from Detroit street), and 3) southeast corner (taken from Danny's Pizza Shack driveway):


As a reminder, I will be at the village offices Tuesday morning from 9 am until 10-10:30 (depending on if anyone shows up) if you are interested in checking out our historical collection.

Also, as a side note, I have received some great e-mails, some with pictures and always with wonderful information, and I will be getting those posted to the site as soon as we finish up looking at the 125th celebration special edition of The Fowlerville Review, published in 1961.

No comments: