As we continue looking at the 125th Special Edition of The Fowlerville Review, published in 1961, the following article was writen regarding the railroad tracks that were built through the village.
The railroad was completed and use began sometime around 1871-72. It was a major turning point for the growth of the village. Farmers were now able to get their produce to larger markets, the stave companies flourished with the ability to ship their stave and shook kits to the east coast and then overseas where they were constructed and filled with tea and spices, and products could more easily be shipped to the village. It was just the boon needed to help Fowlerville.
At some point, G.L. Adams, editor and publisher of The Fowlerville Review from 1874-1929, began having his newspaper shipped out by rail for distribution to those living outside the village. Mail delivery came to town by rail also -- often prompting G.L. to write about in the newspaper; especially when the bag of mail would be thrown from a passing train. More often than not, the bag would break open and mail would scatter.