Sunday, April 3, 2011

1994 Christmas Ads

In early 2010, I worked my way through all of the issues of Fowlerville News & Views, dating from 1986 to December, 2009. We have lived in the area only 13 years, so it was very interesting to read nearly 25 years of the goings-on in the village and surrounding area. I took digital pictures of articles, advertisements, anything that caught my eye while reading.

Even though this is hardly the holiday season, a couple of ads from Christmas of 1994 -- a nearly full-page ad showed an evergreen with balls hanging from the branches -- caught my eye and had me curious.

On each ball was a company or store name and address. 2-Fers (which soon became and still is Duke's Pizza) was still around when we moved here in 1998, but . . . . . . Forgotten Arts was long gone. Does anyone remember this store?

No comments: