Sunday, April 3, 2011

First Sunday in April

It is the first Sunday in April and that means the annual "First Sunday in April Gallery Walk" in Lansing.  How does that pertain to this website?  For one thing, I will be promoting our village.

Here are my art deco ladies -- a project I've called 'embroidery as art' using my commercial embroidery machine:
I will be at the Absolute Gallery in North Lansing from noon until 5 pm, showing (and hopefully selling) copies of The Fowlerville Chronicles, as well as some art deco embroidery and Boomer University clothing.  You can check out the link by clicking here for more information.
                                                          
                                                         

I digitized these ladies from artwork I found years ago drawn by an art student in New York City in the mid-1920s.  The owner of the pictures -- a person I contacted for permission to use -- said the artwork was unsigned and to this day noone knows who created these beautiful ladies.  The owner had a collection of nearly 20 drawings.

I am also working on a clothing line which hopefully will tap into the psyche of baby boomers -- something I call Boomer University.  Here's just a sampling of what I've been working on and will have at the gallery:


Oh, and just because --

So, if you have some free time today and looking for a Sunday drive to take -- come see me at Absolute Gallery in North Lansing.

No comments: