Sunday, July 17, 2011

1930 Sumner Hotel Lunchroom

A few months back, I had a former Fowlerville resident come by to pick up a copy of my book. To my delight, he brought some memoriabilia that he allowed me to photograph so I could post here. His mother owned a restaurant in town; but before that, she worked in the Hotel Sumner's lunchroom in the 1930s.

Following is a business card from the hotel when she worked in that restaurant.

The next picture is of her standing inside the dining room of many may remember as The Home Restaurant -- when she owned it, Elsie's Restaurant -- and a few may even remember it when it was Stirling Douglass' Twin-Q Inn. This was located on East Grand River where SaveOn and the Bloated Goat are now located.




Cloth tablecloths and, no doubt, cloth napkins -- and it looks like quite a few things of interest to check out on and along the walls.

I appreciate when anyone offers up pictures of Fowlerville to add to this blog. Thanks again to the fellow that brought these along when he purchased a copy of my book.

No comments: