Saturday, May 28, 2011

2011 Museum Presentations

Friday morning I had the great pleasure of having two second grade classes wandering through the temporary museum, located in the old hotel across from Curtis Grocery.  Each class came in separately, the kids sat down for a few minutes so I could tell them a few things about the display and answer any questions they had before looking at the items.

Both classes were curious of the word for "175th centennial" -- each time I had to pull out a copy of my book so I could read it instead of trying to remember all 27 of the letters that makes up this word, which is "septa-quinta-quinque-centennial."  There were a few ohhs and ahhs when I mentioned it had 27 letters in one word!

After that, I told a couple interesting bits of trivia and then let them loose.  Once the students were released to explore, more questions ensued, and that was fun.  Their enthusiasm is wonderful.

So, the reason I mention this now?  If any of my readers would like to bring a group to the museum for a quick history lesson and then have me answer questions while you are exploring, please feel free to contact me and we can set up a time.

No comments: