Wednesday, June 29, 2011

1899 Blackmer & Minto

In 1896, the Blackmer and Minto clothing store was opened in Fowlerville. A great deal is known about that store; much of which has been written about in this blog, in the local newspaper, and in my book, The Fowlerville Chronicles. But now I have come across a little tidbit published in The Fowlerville Review in 1899. It follows.

W.H. Force, who is managing the clothing store for Blackmer and Minto, at Webberville, spent last Sunday with his parents at this place.

The Force name has been quite prevalent in numerous articles in the local newspaper but this is the one and only time I've come across any mention of a branch of the clothing store in Webberville. If I do ever spot any more information, you can be assured I will include it on this website.

No comments: