Thursday, June 9, 2011

2011 Thank You to DPW

Have you noticed lately how beautiful the flowers are in the downtown area? As I breezed through town today that is exactly what caught my eye. I don't know if it is just because we have a wonderful group of DPW employees or if the weather has been great for these flowers and plants or if things are getting spruced up for the 175th celebration. But . . . whatever the reason, I like it.

Oh, and another reason I've noticed this flowers:

Yesterday, when it was 98 degrees -- feeling like over a hundred -- as I stood in front of the old hotel speaking with someone, I was getting a slight rain shower on my back. Felt great!

I finally turned around and Cathy Elliott had just soaked a couple of the hanging baskets and they were dripping. Now I know why those flowers are looking so lush and healthy.

So, from me . . . THANK YOU and keep up the great work!

No comments: